Clarisford Palace, Killaloe
Clarisford Palace was built between 1771-1779 for Robert Fowler, Bishop of Killaloe and Clonfert for the same time period. A magnificent late eighteenth-century building, Clarisford Palace is a three storey, five bay, hip-roofed house with a basement, hosting elegant features such as Doric pillars. It is situated in a designed landscape with a walled garden, outbuildings, an entrance lodge and a small courtyard containing an old well.
Clarisford Palace was used as a Bishop’s palace by the Church of Ireland until 1977 when it was sold by Bishop Edwin Owen. It has since been in private ownership. ACP were engaged to undertake a conservation survey and assessment of the building and to recommend necessary repairs to the historic fabric.
Approval for the repairs was given by Clare County Council under a Section 57 Declaration and works are expected to be finished by the end of August 2009.
- Repairs Identified
- Roof Repairs
- Chimney Repairs
- Window Repairs
- Wall Repairs
- Water Ingress (particularly in the basement)